REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
PUBLIC ART MURAL PROJECT AT 607 EAST CUMBERLAND ST. DUNN NC 28334
The City of Dunn Appearance Committee is prioritizing the incorporation of more art in the City of Dunn to enhance the city’s image and appearance. In conjunction with the longtime family business, Carlie C’s, and using the side of their building on Cumberland St., we wish to install a unique, large scale, signature piece of original art work.
Any artist or team of artists interested in creating a mural with interactive elements, to be completed in Fall 2022 may submit a proposal in accordance with the Application Requirements provided below.
- Create original public art in an outdoor environment, incorporating interactive elements and/or historical context.
- Engage the community through educational programming that may include volunteer participation, meet‐the‐artist opportunities, workshops, demonstrations, etc.
- Select a dedicated and qualified artist or artist team who can demonstrate artistic excellence while completing this project on time and within budget.
The space designated for this mural is the wall facing Washington Street and is most visible while traveling Southeast towards Interstate 95. The closest intersection is at Washington Avenue. Images of the location and dimensions of the wall are on page two of this RFP. The wall surface is brick.
Incentive for Submission
Complete submissions will receive a $25 Carlie C’s gift card. Two finalist artists will receive a Carlie C’s gift card. The runner up will receive a $250 gift card and the selected artist will receive a $500 gift card.
- A narrative and design illustrating the concept of the proposal is required for each submission. Provide all information regarding the proposed art work such as dimensions, material(s) to be used, source of materials, method to be used to anchor the piece to the wall (if applicable), timeline for completion, budget, projected maintenance needs, etc.
- All proposal components must be in digital format. An online form for submission is located here: https://www.carliecs.com/mural-submissions.
- There is no submission fee and artists/artist teams may submit more than one application.
- The project budget is not to exceed $7,000 for an artist or team of collaborative artists. The budget shall include the artist(s) fee, supplies, travel‐related expenses, and all other associated costs.
- Images of previously completed works are preferred, accompanied by information regarding dimensions, materials, budget and location of other public works. Contact information for references is encouraged.
- The submission deadline is August 15, 2022.
To Download the full RFP including the application click here: RFP MURAL PROJECT.
Any questions, please contact Malia Allen at (910)892-4124 Ext 99252 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.